1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what size is my ram?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by steve/maine, Jan 7, 2014.

1. steve/maine

steve/maine Junior Member
    from maine

I need to buy parts to repack my lift ram on my fisher MM2 8' HD straight blade. First I need to know the length and diameter. Anybody know what to measure? Also the fisher site shows 2 lift ram types. One has an NPTF port and the other an SAE o ring port. Confused as to what I need to purchase. Any help would be appreciated. There are many different part #s for repacking kits so not sure what to buy.

2. hwilson

hwilson Junior Member

Steve,

If your plow is truly a Minute Mount 2 HD, the lift ram does not have packing in the gland nut....the gland nut is assembled with a 3-piece seal & wiper set and is sold as a complete part. Part number is a 48985.