1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What size hoses do I need?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PlowboyBlake, Feb 1, 2004.

1. Hello all,
    I have an E-47 and am wanting to get a spare set of hoses for it. My buddy can make me some but I can't figure out what size I need. I believe they are 1/4 but not sure. Can somebody tell me so I can get them made before it snows tomorrow. Thanks a lot guys.

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

Check the Meyer site. It should lead you to hose specifications.
  3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

As long as the hose can take the pressure and you have the right fittings the lumen of the hose should not matter. Unless it's way smaller than what is used on the plow. Fluid does not compress, it transfers energy / force down it's length. The lumen on a length of plow hose I have is 1/4 - closer to 5/16's but it may be a little stretched too.
  4. Ok,
    so what is the size of the hoses? are they 1/4 hoses or are they 5/16 hoses. that is what i need to know. thanks a lot
  5. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Sounds like a question for the Meyer guy... I just get them at the farm supply store. Snow plow angling hoses. Always work fine, cost 5.99 Chuck
  6. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

it is a ¼" NPT thread with a 6an hose