1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What size fittings for gauges to test pump

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by snowdays, Dec 16, 2008.

1. snowdays

snowdays Senior Member
    from Ohio

What size fitting do I need to get to screw a pressure gauge into the pump. I believe I saw somewhere that the 47''s had two different sized ports. Is the 60 the same size or do I need another adapter for those to. Thanks.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

No need to attach the gage directly to the pump port. You simply tee it into a power angle hose with a tee fitting and an extra pair of quick couplers. Once you have the gage made up you can then check most any pump in 30 seconds that uses quick couplers. Makes it fast and easy.

3. jwkv

jwkv Member

I made up the inline gauge. Very easy and cheap.

4. snowdays

snowdays Senior Member
    from Ohio

Thanks for the reply. Sooo, this may be a stupid question but is the output pressure the same to the angle cylinders as to the lift ram? If so, then yes, the inline gauges sound much easier and cheaper. Thanks again.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Absolutely, its all pump pressure. :waving: