1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what size? boss v-plow

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by smz89, Sep 6, 2011.

1. smz89

smz89 Junior Member
    from ND

The plow will be my only source of snow removal so I was wondering what size would be the best to get. 7'6" 8'2" 9'2". . I am new to snow removal on my own. If absolute necessary I can use a skid steer from my brother.

Thanks in advance, Scott.

2. vegaman04

vegaman04 Senior Member

Depends what your putting it on. Need more info to help.

3. smz89

smz89 Junior Member
    from ND

1999 ford f350 v10 or possibly 2002 chevy 1500hd.. But more then likely the v10

4. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Let us know when u figure it out.

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

At least the 8-2

6. smz89

smz89 Junior Member
    from ND

That's what I was thinking. Aren't the 9'2" for like a dually one ton or would just a 1 ton single wheel be able to stand up to it? Either way I'm think the 8'2" will be plenty big. Gonna go with thw v10.

7. JDiepstra

If youre going that small get wings for sure.

8. smz89

smz89 Junior Member
    from ND

I'm mainly going to be doin condos. Would wings still be nice to have?

9. JDiepstra

Yes absolutely. The wings angle forward a bit so they will help you push and carry a lot more snow.