1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What size Blizzard for a 2009 Dodge 3500 Cab & Chassis?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by camby1, Nov 2, 2009.

1. camby1

camby1 Junior Member
    from nj

What size should I put on, a 810 or the 8611? I do all commercial work, no driveways. I am worried about the extra weight on the front end.
  2. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

8611lp all the way
  3. muskoka sandman

muskoka sandman Junior Member

I have the 810 on mine and it seems to handle it real good.

4. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

810 handles better on the dodges 8611lp maybe on a dump we need to remember balast:drinkup:
  5. JustJeff

JustJeff PlowSite.com Addict

Either one, it will handle both no problem
  6. 4evergreenlawns

4evergreenlawns Senior Member

Depending on who is driving and what type of work. Last season I put a 860 Speed Wing on my F-350 DRW Crew Cab. The driver was not very experienced. After just a few hours he was plowing with good production.

With teaching new drivers how to use a Power Plow or Experienced Drivers that want to make one lot last 8 hours by not using the wings, it can be a real PITA. The Speed Wing held up great and I would replace all my 810 that had a driver with Speed Wings when the time comes. Which might be soon depending on the out come of PH2.

Take into account I run 2 Low Pro's 3 810's the 860SW and a 8611SS. DO NOT DO A FULL 8611.

Hope that helps.

Ron G
  7. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Who's going to be using it?
  8. 4700dan

4700dan Senior Member
    from Ohio

only a 810 the 8611 weights 1500 lbs. way to heavy only rated for a truck with 15000 GVW or heavier
  9. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

8611LP will work.
  10. 4evergreenlawns

4evergreenlawns Senior Member

860SW on the F-350 DRW CC and a couple of Blizzard plows (of course the date stamp is wrong this was Nov. 08)