1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What size blade do I need?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by snowhappy, Nov 17, 2013.

1. snowhappy

snowhappy Member

I have a 2003 f250. Can I use a 7.6 plow blade? Or will it be too short
  2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

I wouldn't go any smaller than 8' for reg cab. 8 1/2' for crew cab. Would prefer bigger but those would be my minimums.
  3. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

8ft at the minimum
  4. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

I had an 8, and felt it was too short for a ssupercab short bed, but it was doable if you didn't have anything to big or windy (turns)
  5. JeepCoMJ

JeepCoMJ Senior Member

I'd say get 8.5 foot to be happy.
  6. TGS Inc.

TGS Inc. Senior Member
    from Detroit

Small blade...

You can physically use the 7.5 and not have the tires hit the plowed areas but as everyone stated above, why not get the biggest blade you can. If you have a deal on the 7.5 take it but I would be looking at an 8' minimum.
  7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

8 minimum 8.5 better. You will not be happy with a 7.5
  8. Fourtrax250R

Fourtrax250R Senior Member

agreed.. running 8.5 Lot pro on one of my 2006 f-250 pkup, and I have an 8 foot western pro plus on my other 2006 f-350 pkup and I Like the 8.5 much better, especially when turning. ussmileyflag
  9. snowhappy

snowhappy Member

My choices 7.6 or 9'. Thank u every one for the feed back. Guess I go with the 9'. Love this site
  10. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Check local laws, some states require permit for anything over 102", not that I believe it is strictly enforced anywhere.