1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What site for buying used trucks? (besides plowsite)

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by mkwl, Feb 12, 2007.

1. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

What sites (autotrader, etc.) would you guys recommend for buying 3/4 ton pickups from? I'm lookking for a GMC/Chevy/Ford/Dodge 3/4 ton diesel truck around $15000-20000, with long bed and reg cab.

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

i found mine on autotrader...... and many others i would have gone to look at if this one had fallen through.

3. Whip

Whip Member

Don't know where you're located but there's Magnum truck sales on rte 57 in Port Murray. They usually have some nice rigs sitting there.
    http://www.truckshopper.com/nj/3206t/index.asp?dealerid=3206t

4. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

There are a bunch of sites around: Alden Truck Ltd, National Truck Brokers, Nutmeg Truck.....

5. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I found my truck in an autotrader. You could also check the daily newspaper classified if you get the paper. Or even try ebay, there is a shop locally thing on there so you can find vehicles with in 100 miles.

6. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Auto Trader is the Place

Auto Trader is the Place, I purchased Two trucks an, SUV and an RV all on Auto trader, great place to research and compare! Don't be afraid of doing a national search, print the best deal that you find no matter where it is, then shop in the area you are willing to go to, use the best printed deal to negotiate. When doing this be prepared to walk, you'll see the salesman come arunning back to you!

I drove ten hours each way to get my Excursion saved $15K from local stealer, best 20hours pay I ever earned!

Jay

7. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Since youre close to the CT & NY try the bargainnews.com

Its mainly a CT thing, but ive seen a lot of stuff from RI & NY too.

8. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Try Truck shopper and and Truck trader magazines. Check ebay out as well. I have the most luck though when I am just out driving around checking out random dealerships.

9. dRam2500CT

dRam2500CT Member
    from USA

Cars.com

Edmunds.com

Yahoo Autos

Ebay Autos

All some online places to look. Is one better than the other, I don't know.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2007
  10. BOSS550

BOSS550 Senior Member

Check out Truck N Trailer. They cover used trucks on the eastcoast. www.truckntrailer.com

11. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Being 16 years old how are you gunna afford a $20,000 truck in high school i am 22 with a full time job and barely afford what i got. Oh well you'll give Pickering a job.

12. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

hey i am only 20 been in the business for 5 years and i have no problem affording what i have just remember to work hard and be honest with people do not try to take advantage of anyone that will bite you in the ass

13. iplowmore154

iplowmore154 Junior Member

Try www.truckpaper.com you can search by class, weight, model, type body I have gotten 4 nice decent trucks from the leads on this site. It is only a dealer forum but good info and pics

14. Donny O.

Donny O. Senior Member

15. dodgeguy99

dodgeguy99 Senior Member
    from mn

im not trying to be a jerk but how are you going to afford a 20K truck and even if you can afford that what about insurance it is so expensive with young drivers. i am 20 and i would rather have an older truck with no payment because with snow plowing you never know if you will have the money for a payment in the winter. anyways idk if it is in your area but i found my truck on carsoup.com