1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What single stage blower?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jlouki01, Oct 15, 2009.

1. jlouki01

jlouki01 Senior Member

What single stage are you guys using to clear sidewalks.

I know the old Toro S200 are pretty popular...
  2. Greenway

Greenway Junior Member

snow blower

for small and light weight, i find that the toro powerlites work great for snow falls up to 6" there small but they get the job done also the toro 2450CCR is pretty good for a contract its a little heavy but runs good and both are fairly inexpensive for paddels and scraper bars
  3. integrityman

integrityman Member

Toro- ....................
  4. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

The Toro 2450's or 3650's are the way to go hands down. I have a bunch of 'em.
  5. jimspro

jimspro Senior Member

I have 4 toro powerlites, have used them for the past 10 years, get 3 to 4 years worth out of them, but they throw snow, and are light weight, and have alot of power, and pretty cheap.
  6. mscincbus

mscincbus Junior Member

HOme Depot has the 2450 for $459 and if you open a consumer card you get 10% off. Now through nov 11th, here in central Ohio at least
  7. Badgerland WI

Badgerland WI Senior Member

Hey neighbor. What have you found to be the best source for these blowers in our neck of the woods?
  8. green frog

green frog Senior Member

I used a toro 2450 which does a good job but got a 7hp ariens last year and it throws snow a little better but 5 pounds heavier.
  9. jimspro

jimspro Senior Member

Dan @ badgerland, I have been getting my toro's from the local dealer here in Oconomowoc, the name is Big Jim's Small engine, 262-569-5878, he cuts me a break on the price, and sets the sale up as a residential rather than a commercial, that way i get a 2 or 3 yr warranity,vs 1 yr as a commercial
  10. Badgerland WI

Badgerland WI Senior Member

Good info. Thanks for the tip! :drinkup:
  11. jimspro

jimspro Senior Member

i just called him today and he still has about 5 or 6 of the powerlites left, if you are interested
  12. Snowzilla

Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa

I would consider a Honda myself. Don't have one but have heard good things.