1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What should I put this Western on?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Banksy, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I made a post a year ago asking what this Western frame fit and the concensus was a 1980's F250/350. It's only a 6 1/2 foot blade. I was thinking of adapting it to a Ranger. Maybe buy something real cheap off Craigslist. I got this thing for free. I just had to pick it up. Throw some ideas at me. Would make a good summer project.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Sell it...and buy a Craigslist complete truck!

3. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I had it for sale on here for $50 and nobody was interested. Truck/plow combos are less common here than dinosaurs. Maybe a full size bronco would work.

4. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

No one would give you $50.00 for it....

5. DRBLawnBuster

DRBLawnBuster Senior Member

put it on a ranger it will make a great drive way rig and no one would give you $50 to buy that i sure would!! but i live no were near you

6. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

It's in perfect shape except for paint. It's as straight as an arrow. You must not know your plow values that well, unless you meant that in question form.

A Ranger would make a sweet driveway rig, except we don't do driveways. Just commercial, but this would be great for loading docks and tight spots. A set of wings would sure help. I'd put it on a skid steer if I could justify buying one.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2009
  7. 05Duramax073

05Duramax073 Member

That would work real nice on a ranger. Skidsteer would be sweet, but like you said hard to justify.

8. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

There a few Rangers in the $1500 range around here on CL. Thanks guys. We'll see what happens....

9. DRBLawnBuster

I must say $50 is dirt cheap for that plow . If it all works i would say at least $400 well i mean that is what it would be worth in ohio.

10. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I have no controls for it and I have no clue if the pump works. I was going to use Fisher under hood hydraulics for it and not even mess with the elec/hydro system. I emailed a guy about an 84 F250 and offered him $1500. It's a light 3/4 or heavy 1/2 ton. The front axle has the smaller hubs and the rear is not a full floater. This plow would go sweet on that.

11. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

i would put it on s10 blazer or a ranger

12. DRBLawnBuster

I would also consider a dodge dakota because it is a smaller truck for that plow but a dakota ia bigger then a ford ranger or s-10. My grandfather has a 93 dakota v-6 with a meyers 6.5 foot plow and it does great.

13. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

14. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

Maybe on a jeep?

15. DRBLawnBuster

Love the truck but if you are going to get somethign bigger make sure the plow is longer then the wheelbase because if the wheels are wider it will knock snow in the path you just made. But you could also put wings on it then it would be good on a 1/2 ton truck.

16. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

exactly what i was just gonna say. when that thing is angled youll be runnin over your windrow the whole time. the 7'6 on my 1500 GMC gives me maybe 6-8 inches on the side to cover. definately gonna want at least a 7'6 for a full size truck. that thing would work great on an s10 or jeep.

17. DRBLawnBuster

Im only 15 and im already thinking like you bigger guys :]. Since you dont do residential i would put it on a dakota because it is a bigger truck and you could get one with a v-8 if you wanted

18. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

X2, Jeep for sure

19. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

There's a Wrangler (square lights) down the street. It's been sitting in the persons driveway since I moved into the neighborhood almost 5 years ago. I didn't even think about a Jeep. Good idea.

20. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

Must be a YJ then. My friend really likes his. I actually talked to a guy today with a wrangler and a 6.5' meyer he seemed to really like it.