1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What should I get

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by southofheaven73, Mar 9, 2008.

1. southofheaven73

southofheaven73 Junior Member

Hey, i've been looking around for strobes for an s10 thats gonna be used as a repair truck to haul tools and what not for when a truck breaks down,plus do some sanding when it snows. I don't want to go over the top with hide a ways or a light bar, i was just thinking about putting 2 amber leds in the grill, and 2 more in the back but I dont know what to get, pretty much a newb to strobes haha. Can you guys recommend something?

2. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing Senior Member

what about a mini magnetic mount light bar?

look into the whelen responder lp it will run you about $300 and it throws some good light in a small package

3. southofheaven73

i didnt even think about a magnet mounted light bar, thanks! im gonna look in to them and price them out.

4. abbert55

abbert55 Senior Member

Also you might check out the Star 9200 series of relvolving mini bars. They are about $90.00 online and really put out the warning. I have 3 of these and am very satisfied.
    www.star1889.com. JMO;)

5. southofheaven73

those are very nice, so now ive changed my mind. Im going to go with a mini light bar plus the leds in the grill and under the tailgate area. Does any one know where i can buy a kit do the leds? Once again, thanks for the help!

6. pwrstroke6john

pwrstroke6john Senior Member