1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What should i get???

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by mainerenegade, Dec 12, 2012.

1. mainerenegade

mainerenegade Junior Member
    from rumford

Hey! I live in Maine. The snow is not all powder here. It usually snows then rains a little on top of it. Or snows threee or four inches and rains an inch making lots of heavy wet snow to clean up. I have a good size plowing route. includes small school, apatrment complex buildings and residentials with lots of walk ways. Shoveling the last wet storm was long and to much work from what needed to be done in my eyes. I need a sno blower. I need something that can go through a foot of snow with ease, or sloppy wet heavy stuff. I need something between 28-30" I want to be able to put the snow where i wnt it to go. I see some snowblowers working and looks like shoveling is faster lol i need performance. looking to spend $900- $1,200.00 this should get the machine i need,. if what you tell me i need is more or less please include price. I am going new not used as well. What do you guys reccomend? I have a ariens dealer right down the road but you know when you ask a dealer if this should do what i need it to and explain what the needs are. Of course they are going to tell you there brand is the best they are dealers and want your money. I need your advice from your experience...... Thanks would like to purchase something tomorrow so all input is greatly appreciated. Thanks Jason.:mechanic:

2. mainerenegade

from rumford

ok! I seriously thought this was going to have an answer within minute. So 78 views to my post and no replies just tell me what you use or reccomend?

3. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

Get the biggest two stage you can afford.

4. mainerenegade

from rumford

So what would you guys buy torro or ariens and why?

5. jb1390

jb1390 Senior Member

ariens - because the color orange is cool.

6. Team_Arctic

Team_Arctic Senior Member

if you want all your asking for... your budget might be on the short side. Ariens is a good brand . I dont think anyone will argue that point. if you have as many sidewalks as you say you might want to look at something larger/Ride-. All brands aside if you want something that is going to throw 1 foot of wet heavy snow fast, You might be out of luck. Anything wet and heavy you will have to go slow.

7. Buck331

Buck331 Member