1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what should i get with my new truck

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by snowplower1, Mar 23, 2014.

1. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

Hey guys, i plan to buy a ford f-350 sometime before the next plow season and i am not great at knowing what is best for my setups so im asking you. I plan on putting on a 9'2" boss dxt plow on it with my shpe 2000 saltdogg salter. My question is, what should i make sure to have done to the truck by them before i drive it off the lot.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Nothing,Ford built tough. Other then what package you want it's ready to go.

3. snowplower1

really? nice to know haha. do you ever upgrade the suspension to better handle your plows or anything?

4. snowplower1

This will be the first ford bought for our business. We've always bought chevy but i never liked them. definitely excited to be able to plow with the first ford.

5. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Just get the plow package. Best 85 dollars u can spent. Is it a SRW or DW?

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I think the plow package is on every truck ,even the ones sold in Florida!:cool:

7. snowplower1

SRW. hoping we can get a big garage soon and then buy a f-550 DRW with dump bed so we can just have one big salter instead of putting them in the back of our trucks. we want to do it now but theres no where to put it now lol kinda a problem

8. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

dual alternators ... maybe

9. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

It will be all ready to go for you off the lot. I'm looking forward to pushing with my F350 next year as well.

10. snowplower1

Yeah I'm gonna try and get the best alternator I can because of the salter I need a high amp one.

I think going from my chevy 2500hd to ford f-350 is going to be amazing for pushing snow.

11. 1olddogtwo

Diesel or gas?

12. 1olddogtwo

Upfitters for sure. rapid heat supplement is a nice option

13. snowplower1

gas. want diesel but just dont really feel its worth the troubles.

14. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

I can't wait either. I have a 2008 duramax with a wideout and vbox in bed. This one is getting the "famous" vee but no salter.

IMG_20140111_104643_576.jpg

15. 1olddogtwo

That color is growing on me. Really Like the two tone

16. snowplower1

I like it. I plan to keep it to a regular cab. i feel like it might be easier to plow with, what is your opinion on that?

17. SullivanSeptic

Regular cab is always easier to see. Obviously my crew cab and long bed don't make is easy to maneuver. But I plow mostly large commercial. You wont have to really do anything to the truck once you get it. I am gonna just bolt up mounts and wiring and hook up plow and go. I'll probably do it a few hours before the snow starts. Nothing like waiting until last minute. makes it more exciting

18. snowplower1

haha its the only way to do things. especially because thats when things never work! cant even tell you how many times ive gone to put plows on at night and somethings wrong. right before the blizzard we got last week i noticed on our brand new plow that the spring was almost loosened to the point the bolt was about to fall off. But thats all we do is commercial and we have some tight spots to go through lol

19. ScubaSteve728

ScubaSteve728 Senior Member

spray in bed liner for sure
    weather tech mats
    maybe bug and window rain deflectors

20. SullivanSeptic

Good call! Went over to WeatherTech as soon as I bought the truck. And LineX liner is going in as soon as it warms up a bit. For got about that. I also got in channel vent visors but the truck doesn't like them. Jams the window everytime. I gotta try again when its warm and see if they press into the molding more so that the window can close