1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What should I expect to pay for a sander?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by CashinH&P, Nov 9, 2013.

1. CashinH&P

CashinH&P Senior Member

Looking at getting a salt-dog 1.5 yard sander. What should I expect to pay? Thanks guys

2. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

I just paid 2970 for a new shpe1500

3. CashinH&P

CashinH&P Senior Member

was that installed?

4. born2farm

No cash and carry

5. CashinH&P

CashinH&P Senior Member

how hard was it to install?

6. PLC1985

PLC1985 Member

Who did you purchase the salt dogg from someone local or somewhere bigger. I am getting the same model next Saturday and the best price I've found was 3449.00 in tax free New Hampshire so I was going to make the trip next weekend. Any reviews or feedback on the sphe1500 yet

7. CashinH&P

CashinH&P Senior Member

Where are you getting it? Donovan in londonderry?

8. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

WOW you can buy the SHPE2000 for less then that. Try Angelos Supply.

You may as well get the SHPE2000 not like you save a ton of room going with the 1500. If you are worried about weight just don't load to capacity. If you upgrade trucks or something in the future now you have the capacity.

http://www.angelos-supplies.com/portals/0/page 21.pdf

9. CashinH&P

CashinH&P Senior Member

Wouldnt shipping make it cost about the same?

10. PLC1985

PLC1985 Member

I had looked at sentor truck equipment in plaistow Nh talked with them on the phone seemed decent. I will look at Angelo's w shipping to mass I figured it be just as much. Maybe not idk. I'd go w the 2000 but will it fit in a superduty short bed. Not concerned about the weight 350 should be fine weight wise just wasn't sure bout the length.

11. CashinH&P

CashinH&P Senior Member

Northern freight was about 200 to ship it to nh.

12. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

13. born2farm

Sorry for the late reply fellas. I purchased out 1500 local and will be installing it this week.

However give Angelo's a call. They were very close in price to what I paid, but I'm closer to the factory the. You guys so shipping was only $125 through the

14. Grassman09

I have the shpe 2250 and it fits fine in my shortbox superduty. It is the 2.5yd model.

Angelos usually direct ships from buyers so freight should be ok. Why not go for a drive to Ohio?

15. born2farm

I was told that buyers will only let dealers pick up directly. I tried so I didn't have to wait on shipping.

16. Grassman09

Oh ok. There is dealers in Ohio too im sure. But sometimes its not worth it to pick up.

17. CashinH&P

CashinH&P Senior Member

does it seem straight forward to install?

18. Yardvarkman

Yardvarkman Member
    from NE Ohio

I installed my spreader in in about an hour

image.jpg

19. CashinH&P

CashinH&P Senior Member

Thanks for all the imput guys. I eneded up ordering the shpe1500. It is being installed on thursday. I did some research and I know it seems simple to install but 1 I really dont have the time to install it and 2 the way the weather is here in New England I need one asap and I didnt want to risk having it shipped to me and aving a storm before it got her. Final install price is $3445.