1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What should I do?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Andy N., Dec 24, 2002.

1. Andy N.

Andy N. Senior Member

Here's the question. Should I plow with the storm on Xmas day and do the driveways of my two condo contracts or just wait until Thursday? What do you guys do? I plan on plowing the roads etc. and parking lots open by thursday morn, but what about drives and sidewalks?

2. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

Dont wait,we got a foot + coming ,never wait,keep all lanes open and accessible.

3. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

If its snowing we will be out. Taking breaks for presents and dinner if that is when snow is falling. Forecast now is for most snow to be late in the day into night. Should work out well. Open everything and then let the guys go home and come out late tomorrow night.

I would not want to wait till Thursday, regardless of the amount.
    Mother Nature does not know it is Christmas and don't forget not everyone is Christian. There will be shops and stores open tomorrow and people will need to get around.

4. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

i plan on heading out around 5 or so. The heaviest snow doesnt start till 2 pm or so, that way i can enjoy the holiday and work at night.

5. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

Let it all wait til Thursday, especially the condos. When they call and complain, tell em you don't work on Christmas and give them our number. :)

Seriously, we checked with the churches yesterday and got their holiday schedules. They've been checked this evening, even though it's just been rain so far. They'll be visited again prior to opening for business tomorrow. The apartments and residentials will be checked before dawn as well, and the several commercial properties that get their public sidewalks shoveled will have that done too. The commercial properties that are closed for Christmas will be plowed with the storm if it's appropriate. They're now talking in terms of 6 inches total which is a little more than I'd like to push, but not quite enough to make me sure it needs pushed twice. Otherwise we'll just hold off until the turkey's all gone and work through the night so things are in good shape Thursday morning.