1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what should i do

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by ricothunder, Jan 30, 2008.

1. ricothunder

ricothunder Member
    from ontario

used to plow for landscapers using there trucks but this year i just got in to plowing on my own. i only have a few jobs just to make sure the plow is all good. i bought a used blizzard 810 and put it on my 01 f350 crew cab.. the truck has front leafs... should i put some thing in the front end to help it out or just leave it. the truck only drops 1 inch at the max when the plow is up.. let me know what ya think thanks

2. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

From what I've heard on here, most guys would say that 1 inch or less of a drop is ok. Just put some ballast in the back.

3. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

id use some ballast makes life much easyer when u can drive around in the snow with out 4wheel drive on. but other then that its a 350 should handle that plow fine probably dosent have snow plow prep thou. but it way out of warranty anyway anything breaks it comes out of ur pocket

4. veggin psd

veggin psd Senior Member

I run a F350 and have installed a set of Timbrens. If you are concerned about it I highly recommend them. They seem to solve the eventual problematic spring sag. Also ballast will help greatly with traction and drive-ability. ::waving:

5. ricothunder

ricothunder Member
    from ontario

thanks for the info guys... one last thing i was talking to a few guys on the construction site today and they told me to put bags up front what ya think of that

6. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

If you want to spend the extra money then get them. But my opinion and probably most of the other guys on here will tell you to get a set of timbrens and put about 600#s of ballast behind your rear tires. I put timbrens on every truck I own and my chevy used to drop 1.5 inches. with the timbrens it barely drops a quarter of an inch. They will make a huge difference, easy to install and a lot cheaper..