1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What should i do to my truck before this winter comes?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PremierLand, Sep 9, 2004.

1. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

well winter is right around the corner, i have a 94 f150 4x4, 4inlift and helper springs and some other suspension add-ons.

what i would like to know is what all should i do to the truck as far as engine wise before putting it to work... this is my first plowing year and i dont know squat, execpt for that i want between 7 and 7.6ft plow.

i am changing the diff. fluids, tranny fluid, putting a tranny cooler on, using amsoil syn. in all the fluids. what else should i do to the truck before putting it to work. this year is bascially going to be a learning experience as far as plowing goes because no one in my family has plowed before so they dont know much, but i do know alot of guys who own business that plow, and some guys tell me its a waste of time and others tell me that its only fun the first year.

i plan on landscaping for a long time and would like to do this in the winter and hopefully have alot of accounts in about 3 years (around 100 hopefully) to add for extra income.

please let me know what else i can do to the truck to make it better and not quit on me at 4am one morning!

thanks fellas!
  2. bterry

bterry Senior Member

I remember asking myself that same question a long time ago. There is a few good suggestion on the net, as well as here on plowsite. Here's one that's not too bad.

Oops, previewing this post reveils that one can't even mention that other site. Do a google search for "plow prep winter.html ". No quotes.

We will be going through all of our trucks this month, and if anything looks bad - it'll get fixed. Nothing worse than losing a truck in a storm, and then having to fix it in the cold or tow it back to the shop.