1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what shocks to use?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by m3klee, Jul 17, 2012.

1. m3klee

m3klee Member

It's time for new shocks for my truck and I'm not sure what ones to run. In my older trucks they were junkers so I didn't really care. This one though I like a lot and want something that will ride nice but still be stiff enough to hold the weight I put in it towing and plowing. Also this is the first truck I've put the hellbent 2" leveling kit in, so do I need a different length shock or is stock size ok? Truck is a 04 ram hemi 2500. Thanks

2. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

I like bilstein shocks from genoesgarage.com.

3. oldbluehairhemi

oldbluehairhemi Senior Member

you need longer shocks. you wanna get a shock that is for a 0-3" lift. I second the bilsteins too.

4. paydirtdave

paydirtdave Junior Member
    from North

Can you get some pictures up for us to see?

5. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

bilsteins 5100 although they $170 per 2 they are worth it

6. Mopard

Mopard Senior Member

I've run the Bilstein 5100s on my last few 2500 Cummins with a leveling kit (longer shocks to suit of course) and they are a quality shock for the money. They are a little "stiffer" than OEM but that's what I like. One thing I would advise is to clear coat them before you install them as they WILL rust and corrode almost immediately. The "zinc" finish they come with is terrible. I cleared mine this time ... we'll see.