1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What set up should I get???

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by jayrf5, Oct 12, 2006.

1. jayrf5

jayrf5 Junior Member

I have a '97 Ram 1500. I have a landscaping company and am going to plow for the first time this winter. But first I need to set up the rig. Any suggestions on the best type of plow to get. Something that will last and do the job but not kill the truck. Also I don't have a huge amount of money so cheapest for the best quality would be nice. Any suggestions about front suspension and anything else also appreciated, I'll have some pics soon.

Thanks

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

To start, realize there is no such thing as "something for nothing". With a new plow, you are going to get what you pay for. Supposing that you will be plowing primarily residential driveways and maybe small lots - get a 7.5' straight blade. At the top of this page are several plow company links. To plow commercially (for money), you will want a plow with hydraulics - you can control the plow from inside the truck.

The more you get, the more it will cost. It comes down to how much plow can you afford.

Last advice - stay away from used until you know what you're doing.