1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What Sander/Salter?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Four Seasons, Jan 6, 2008.

1. Four Seasons

Four Seasons Senior Member

Hi all, I have decided to get a sander for my 3/4 ton but i dont know much about them or what kind is best. I would like to get one of the largest ones i can put in this size truck. i also want one that can spread sand and salt at the same time and as long as Im going to spend the money on one I'd like to get one where I wont be saying "I wish I had one with this or that" in a couple years. Thanks for any help.

2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Welcome to Plowsite.

Sno-Way manufactures a complete line of v-box spreaders in both gas and electric models. Hoppers are constructed of painted or stainless steel. Optional Honda engine available on the gas units. We manufacture our spreaders in Walton, NY.

You can check us out at http://www.snoway.com

:waving:

3. scoopdog

scoopdog Junior Member
    from ohio

salter

what happend to my reply? You need to go with a gas stainless deal. They are all close to the same. Shop price beacause I suggest that you buy it and sell it 2 years later at a $1500 loss. that is only $750 per year for new stuff. I you get a good account like a shopping center you should be able to make $750 in the 1st event. Bulk salt is cheap and the gas units will accept bulk vs bag salt.

4. Four Seasons

Four Seasons Senior Member

how do the sizes work? Are they rated by the yards of material they will carry? Whats the biggest size I can use for a 07 Chev. 2500?

5. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

check out this site http://www.snoway.com they make some pretty good stuff

SCOOPDOG: are you new to PS or just revisiting us you seem to be pretty knowladgable about stuff including PS? either way :waving: WELCOME i am sure you will learn alot of good information on here,

FOURSEASONS: welcome to you too

make sure you perform a search before you just start threads (that seems to happen alot);)

6. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

scoopdog...didn't you have a post about wanting to be the largest pusher dealer and have a sale? i replied but it looks like your post got deleted...e-mail me @ xtreem3d@charter.net