1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what pusher to buy

Discussion in 'Arctic Sectional Sno-Pusher' started by victorylane, Oct 25, 2009.

1. victorylane

victorylane Junior Member

i have a 287 cat mtl and want to put a pusher on it do i go with a steel or rubber edge or one of the new kages or arctic plows plese help and happy plowing

2. JFreak

JFreak Junior Member

What pusher to Buy? Sectional!!!

You need a sectional! Snow pushers are just that, they push snow. They were a great concept and Arctic Snow and Ice made it better. The sectional is the only containment plow that back drags and scrapes compacted snow and ice effectively. You can apply down pressure without lifting up the front tires of your machine. Also being in 32" sections this plow absorbs and manipulates the inconsistancies of all parking lots. You absolutely eliminate replows and because it scrapes so much better you actually use at least 25% less salt. Do not waste your money on the conventional pusher. Remember you can't back drag a dock with a pusher!

3. DGODGR

DGODGR Senior Member
    from s/w co

I have not used either one. I am in the process of buying an Arctic (we'll see how it goes) but I did look at Kages site today. It looks like a good system for a skid. You can back drag by taking the box off and use the blade only. It looks pretty slick (in the video). Other brands will put a backdrag bar as an option. You simply lift up and roll the pusher forward to line up the backdrag blade.

4. magicgirl

magicgirl Junior Member

I used 3 last year and we just got more in. We used less salt and no curb damage at all.

5. 4700dan

4700dan Senior Member
    from Ohio

I just talked to a contractor in my area that has 2 artic plows and told me he HATES them he said the poly block pieces in the back break easily and when it is cold they break even easier and they are like around $125.00 each to replace and each section takes (4) WOW alot of money, a rubber pusher edge is alot cheaper

6. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

After a lot of research I just ordered a new 10 ft kage system for my Bobcat A 300 that I also just ordered today. I hope I bought the right one.

7. JFreak

JFreak Junior Member

Sorry man, but he must be hitting stuff that would do damage to any pusher. If the blocks break it's because the operator hit something super hard. I've personally seen original blocks on the sectionals that are 4-6 years old. If you badly damage a conventional pusher you have a major repair ahead of you. That's what those blocks are for. There not 125.00 There like 50 for a skidsteer model and 80 for the loader models. The money you save in salt and not having to plow the same spot twice is worth a few blocks every FEW years. This plow scrapes so brilliantly! It's like mowing with a 22" push mower compared to a 36" Hydro Walk Behind. That's how efficient this plow is. Keep your Protechs and Avalanches. When they don't scrape close enough just throw down a extra ton of salt at 70-100 a ton! Just a note. This company worked the plow 11 years before bringing it to market.

8. JFreak

JFreak Junior Member

What kind of properties are you doing?

9. JFreak

JFreak Junior Member

You can back drag with a sectional!!!

10. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

We do everything from gravel roads to small town streets. Hospitals, schools, gas stations, large and mini malls, you name it. Last winter we went through 1000 tons of salted sand. In my album I have a few aerial pics of one of the small towns we plow.

11. JFreak

JFreak Junior Member

Holy Smokes! The cage is a cool concept and a much better design than a pusher. Why didn't you get a sectional?

12. lawnkale

lawnkale Senior Member
    from Indiana

i will sell you a protech 12 pusher 2500. trading for a arctic.

13. salt guy

salt guy Junior Member
    from USA

I am an arctic dealer. I will take trade-ins. 513-678-1597

14. lawnkale

lawnkale Senior Member
    from Indiana

i need a 14' hd

15. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

The sectionals look like a good idea. Delldoug has posted he just bought a few of them. I'd be interested to see how he likes them after a season.

16. nexcorp

nexcorp Junior Member
    from midwest

Arctic sectionals quite simply do the best job. In fact, at opne point during development, they may have been to effective, taking the stripes off the pavement. I saw it with my own eyes. Randy, the owner of Arctic, put a ton of time and money into making this thing work, over ten years and many many trials. Like any piece of equipment, misuse, abuse, negligence, will result in failure. People have got to use common sense as not even a sectional pusher is ideal for EVERY job. It is made to expedite large lots, contour with changing pavements, show mercy on curbs and raised manholes, (and the pusher itself), and increase the efficiency of salt. It IS NOT A BULLDOZER BLADE capable of hiting hard objects with force. It has limits and requires some skills and common sense of the operators that use them. Trust me, all operators are not created equally. If you put the guy who is willing to work for a few dollars an hour less in your equipment without knowing if he is competent dont cry when he ends up costing you thousands in repairs, and dont blame the equipment. That being said, certain parts of ALL equipment wear out and need maihntainence and at time replacements. Take care of your ***** and dont hire idiots.