1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What push plates and wiring for an 03 2500HD

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by xbl003x, Feb 14, 2009.

1. xbl003x

xbl003x Member
    from PA

I am going to buy an 8ft Uni-Mount for my 2003 2500HD Duramax. I am looking for the part #'s for the push plates and the truck side wiring for the uni-mount. Can I use the 01-02 push plates??

Thanks

2. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

3. xbl003x

xbl003x Member
    from PA

I will have to look when I pick it up today..

4. xbl003x

xbl003x Member
    from PA

I believe i bought an 8ft Pro Plow it has 3 springs on it. I got all of the wiring for the plow controls and the lights. Don't they make a Ultra-Mount conversion to Uni-Mount for an 03 2500HD?? That's all I need do any of you know where I can find that Part #??

5. xbl003x

xbl003x Member
    from PA

Did some research on the net just to make sure the Ultra-Mount #67981-2 with the conversion kit #27170. should be everything I need to mount the plow right....

6. twinman326

7. xbl003x

xbl003x Member
    from PA

Do they sell a uni-mount push plate for my truck? If so where do I get one? besides western

8. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

Try central parts warehouse. You might have to call and see what they have.

9. twinman326

10. xbl003x

xbl003x Member
    from PA

11. twinman326

Your welcome. Good luck. Let me know how everything work out. I just might do what you are doing.

Question is, is it worth it?

12. xbl003x

xbl003x Member
    from PA

yea it would be nice to have a clean look throughout the summer. But on the other hand it is worth the $$. But I have until next season gives me some time to look for a good deal. I only paid $250 for the plow so if I can keep it under a grand I'll be happy.

Let me know if you see and used mounts out there.

Thanks again

13. josh9410

josh9410 Member

did you look on ebay? a week or so ago i saw the exact mount you needed on there for $250

14. twinman326

The plow you have is a unimount. Is the truck setup a Ultramount?

15. twinman326

How is the weather in PA?

16. xbl003x

xbl003x Member
    from PA

The plow I bought is a Uni-Mount, but I want the Ultra-Mount Push Plates and the conversion adapter.

The Weather is far to fair, I was born and raised in Lake Placid. I wish would could get those winters down here. We had 2 good storms since the beginning of the year. I am hoping for another good one!

17. twinman326

The last storm by past us..Instead it went to the east...bummer..Hopefully there will be another..Winter not over yet

18. xbl003x

xbl003x Member
    from PA

looks like by the end of the week NY will be seeing a good bit of snow...

19. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

I would think that you'd be better off with the ultramount frame with the adapter, so if you ever upgrade to a new plow the truck is already set up to handle it.

20. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Heres the problem with going with the older unimount. There was a change in the electrical on the gms in 03. To make the uni work you have to use the 64077 harness on the truck and the 64078 headlights on the plow. So if the headlights on the plow are not 64078's then you will have to buy either the harness or headlights for the plow. If you go with the iso mod harness on the truck you will still need to buy both harness's (headlight and control) for the plow to match the truck.

If you havent spent the $$ on the uni blade it might be worth it to find a Ultra thats already set up for the ISO now, if you change trucks a couple of years down the road, the most youmight have to buy then is a mount and headlight harness for the iso mod.

JMDAO!