1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What pump should I buy?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by beaver2, Jan 11, 2009.

1. beaver2

beaver2 Member

A search did'nt yield the results I was looking for...

I currently run an e-47 pump. I am looking to replace it becuase it is just too slow. What pump is the best as far as speed and reliability? I read the e-57's were decent. Is there any downside to these?

The blade is a C-8

Thanks in advance
  2. 04sd

04sd Senior Member
    from pa

An E57 is just a 47 with a bigger pump & motor to make it faster. The E60 should be just as fast as the E57 I believe plus it has adjustable drop rate. The new E58 adds on the adjustable drop rate and the new style valves to the E57. Or you could add the bigger pump/motor from a 57 to your 47. All of them are faster than the E47.
  3. Turbodiesel

Turbodiesel Senior Member

E-60 , with adjustable speed screw ,yeah big boy!
  4. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

I had an E-47 and replaced it with a E-60 it is faster and so far no problems the E-47 was always giving trouble even tho both are rebuilds with a year warranty
  5. 1976 Ranger

1976 Ranger Junior Member

I agree with the E60. I had a e47 that i upgraded the motor and pump assembly to convert to the e57. It didnt go as fast as the 60 in my opinion
  6. wheelmanm80

wheelmanm80 Member

e58 any day. better design and much faster than the e60