1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What problems bad Couplers cause

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Kenyou, Dec 23, 2007.

1. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

Can anyone tell me what problems that bad quick disconnect couplers can cause?
  2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Things don't work:D
  3. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

depends on whats bad. from my experience (which is not much) the valve and the seals go bad. if its the valve it wont flow , if its the seal it will leak and not have the correct pressure
  4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Yup, thats pretty much it.

Use the type of coupler that has the ball, not the pin type and dont try and use a ball type with a pin.
  5. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

So I take it that it may not keep the plow in one position and always collapses to the right.

Thanks for your help guys. Have a Merry Christmas!
  6. Buster F

Buster F Senior Member

Unless you have fluid squirting out of the coupler everytime it collapses to the right then the problem is not the coupler. Sounds like a too soft relief valve to me.
  7. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

Thanks Busster. There isn't any fluid coming out that I am aware of. I'll check and make sure.