1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What price would you buy this for...?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Newdude, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

2. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

you could probably get a new body style with the better tranny for a little more. Truck will be coming up on 7 years old in a few months too.

3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

For around 5k to 7k more you could find a new one with a warranty.

We had a local dealer offering a 08 cummins equipped truck for $19,987
    call around.
    I got my 08cumins truck for 4k less that I paid for my 01 gasser.
    call around...

4. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Nice truck...i'm going to look at a '00 Ram 2500 Cummins w/ 130K on it this weekend. Quad Cab short box, new tires, clean. Got 'em down to $9995 so far.

5. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

looked clean in the pics but seeing how its a reg cab you could find cheaper

6. Red_Rattler

Red_Rattler Senior Member

No, clean or not that price is def. high! Specially with the market the way it is now and like said already its 7 years old.... We have 03 04's quad cabs around here for that price or alil less.... Shop around some more or beat him up on the price! The truck blue books at 12k for private party price fyi

Last edited: Oct 7, 2008
  7. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

thats a sharp truck, looks clean i would say that 12k would be a good deal. the only thing i would be worried about is the trans also i would put a fuel pressure gauge on it those trucks are known for eating transfer pumps. if i was in the market for a truck i would be all over that. :salute:

8. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

find out if anything has been done to the steering. fuel pump tranny or injector pump

take if for a drive and pull over and check the codes. turn the key off, then on, off, on, off, on and look where the kms are displayed, write any p0xxxx codes down and look them up online.

last time i bought a truck from a dealer we wrote on the invoice, no codes for 30 days, and I had to take if back for something but it was part of the deal.

we did work on steering on all our dodge 2nd gens 99 and 01 around 200 000 for steering, other then that tranny work wasnt done till almost 300 000kms... but no else drives our trucks except us.

I would look at a 2003 and higher, my 2003 is alot quieter, has alot better steering, more power and better ride. There are screamin deals on trucks right now. Look at buying near the end of the month if you are cash in hand. My best deals on trucks have always been done at the endof the month. Most dealers have come to think that they only way they can sell is if they finiance so if your cash in hand, you should be able to really work a deal.

9. ctd992500

ctd992500 Senior Member

That guy has been sittin on that for awhile my buddy went and looked at it nice truck but the guy doesnt want to budge on price. Then when he thought about buying it put 100 dollar dep on it and then found another one for better deal took the guy almost month and half to refund money. Every time he called the guy said he deposited back to his account. Finally when he threatend to call lawyer he refunded. I think the guy is kiinda of shicter. So just becareful if you go look at it.