1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What plows do I need?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by snowlover4u2, Jan 27, 2011.

1. snowlover4u2

snowlover4u2 Junior Member

I am moving my Landscaping business from VA to Denver Colorado and was wondering whether I should get a front plow, rear plow, or both.

I have a 2010 Chevy Silverado 1500 4X4 WT.

What sizes and kinds do you reccomend? I looked at meyers they have a v plow and daniels plows for a hitch plow.
  2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

searchy button is your friend
    dealer servie is more important then barnd
  3. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

There is a guy on here from denver and maybe he will chime in, but I have been to denver during the winter and every time they have no snow at all. You think denver and you think snow, but it does not seem to be the case. But the first thing I would do I upgrade your truck to either a 3/4 or 1 ton truck. Decide what type of plowing you are going to do and that will help you decide what type of set up you will need and lastly I would not go with meyer. I have dealt with them for 13 years and there is always something going wrong. I kept them since they were easy to diagnosis and I had plenty of spare parts, blades and pumps sitting around.
  4. snowlover4u2

snowlover4u2 Junior Member

Do you know any companies who make rear plows?
  5. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

daniels, ebling, snowman, snowhogg.