1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What plows are available in Canada

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by ff1221, Nov 27, 2008.

1. ff1221

ff1221 PlowSite.com Addict

I'm having a hard time finding plows here in Ontario, just wondering if anyone has any info on what they feel is the best plow and where they can be purchased in Ontario Canada.tymusic

2. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Whatever your preferance, its available, just probably not where your from. You may have to go into Burlington, or Milton or Oakville. I prefer Westerns, but that JMO. Fisher, Western, BOSS are tried and true IMO, Blizzard, Snoway, Curtis, or any others I have no exp with and cant comment from exp.

3. ff1221

Sorry, I meant ATV plows, all the others are available here. All I can find in ATV plows locally are the basic Canadian Tire Universal crap, any Help from guys that have ATV plows would be appreciated.

4. mudman

mudman Junior Member

I just bought an Eagle plow and a set of chains from Ricks Performance in Ontario. I bought through E-bay.ca and I know he's always got plows for sale. Good deal and shipping was free.

5. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

Try the TSC stores they usually have a few around. Also try princess auto it's kinda hit and miss but they would probably have some.

6. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Try Royal Distributing. They'll ship too, and can get any make/model

7. -Iron Mike-

-Iron Mike- Member

Royal Distributing, as mentioned, has them.

I just fit my new Rubicon with a Warn set-up from Stratford City Cycle.

reasons:

1) I live in Stratford
    2) Their prices were better than Royal Dist.
    3) I bought the bike from them.:D

The also have the Quadrax plows available.

8. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Your local ATV dealer should have plows.

9. ff1221

I just got quoted a thousand bucks for a Warn setup, does that sound about right?

10. -Iron Mike-

-Iron Mike- Member

I got a 54" blade, electric actuator lift kit and the mounting bracket; tax in for a touch over $800.

BTW, nice dumping of snow you got out there. My Dad has a beach front place just down from Kincardine and was telling me about it.:dizzy:

11. mudman

mudman Junior Member

Sounds high to me. I paid 520.00cdn. shipped for my 54" Eagle plow from Ricks Performance. He's always got them on E-bay for 549.00.

12. skywagon

skywagon Senior Member

Sounds high to me also.:)

13. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds high to me also, I paid $400 plus tax for my 60'' Arctic Cat plow. I allready had the winch so I don't count that for my plow set up price.

14. ff1221

Here's some pics from last Saturday, have a look.
    http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=38102&page=118

15. hondarecon4435

hondarecon4435 Senior Member

1000 is high for a plow. you should be able to order one from any atv plow manufacturers website or get it from local atv dealer but i suggest a moose or cycle country not warn

16. ff1221

Can't find a moose dealer in Canada, and I sent an e-mail to the manufacturer on Wednesday, and I haven't heard from them yet.

17. mudman

mudman Junior Member

Wow, I don't know whats going on back east but in B.C. just about every ATV dealer I've seen deals in Moose products.

18. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

I would recommend getting a manual lift. ATV plows are light and the winch is slow. I wish I didn't have a winch.

19. Sidewalk King

Sidewalk King Member

Dont get a manual lift you'll just get sick of it, I bought a Power-Lift and love it. www.mibarproducts.com

Living in Canada your only choice should be a Kimpex snow plow. www.kimpex.com
    They have the tallest blade and it has a more dramatic curve to it than any other on the market which gets the snow to roll better than ANY other brand. Plus Kimpex is made in Canada, Moose is made in Minnesota and Warn is made in China.

I dont have a Kimpex any more since it's so hard to get parts in the U.S. so I own a Moose but I would switch in a second if it was easier to get parts. The Warn blade is only one step up from putting a piece of plywood on the front of your 4wheeler.

20. skywagon

skywagon Senior Member

Hey King! Where in MN is Moose made?? Lived here all my life and have Moose plows but thought they were made in Canada. From my experiance for the money and quality they are a good buy.:D:D:D