1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What plow?

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by jey82047, May 6, 2009.

1. jey82047

jey82047 Junior Member
    from NJ

Just got a new 09 wrangler unlimited X... what plow do you suggest with no extra body work? I was thinking a Boss sport duty poly 7. Its mainly for my drivway and families diveways and maybe I'll pick up a couple of jobs now and then.. what does anybody think?

2. jey82047

jey82047 Junior Member
    from NJ

Sorry forgot to add that i am used to using an old fisher on an even older 1993 Ford eplorer if that haleps anyone with their suggestions.

3. tjthorson

tjthorson Senior Member
    from IL

I recommend the sno-way series plows. Get the downpressure, poly scraper, and poly moldboard.

I love mine!

4. tuna

tuna Senior Member

I don`t get it how does bodywork come in to play here?

5. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

People need to proof read ...I think he means frame or body adjustments !!!!!!!!!!!

6. jey82047

jey82047 Junior Member
    from NJ

Yes sorry, I meant I did not want to have to put ballast in the back or put in air bags/ shocks.. sorry I did not clarify.

7. tjthorson

tjthorson Senior Member
    from IL

I would put airbags anyway just so you arent hitting your bumpstops. Airlift bags for my TJ are around $75 for the pair.... I suspect the JK ones are around the same. A cheap and great addition to any plow on a jeep. Ballast in the back might not be necessary, i know for me - with the downpressure, i never ballast.....

8. hillbillydeluxe

hillbillydeluxe Senior Member

we use the SnoWay 7'6" series 22 w/ downpressure, and wireless remote. Didn't have to do anything to the Jeep. It's strong point is it's weight ...or lack of it. We like it a lot. What's probably more important is to find a quality snowplow dealer close to you, see what he carries or can order, and develop a relationship with the dealer. Thats very important when you need any service.
    Good luck,
    David