1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What Plow?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by phillyplowking1, Feb 4, 2002.

1. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

I WANNA PUT A PLOW ON MY 2000 FORD F-650 DUMP.WHAT DO U GUYS RECOMMEND >? I WILL BE USING IT FOR PLOWING PARKING LOTS AND I MAY BE A SUB FOR THE CITY PLOWING SMALL SIDE STREETS.:)

2. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

It depends on your budget. Fisher western meyer and the like all make pretty decent 10' units that you can get installed for under 5K.
    But if you have or are willing to spend the money on central hydraulics, then that opens you up to beeffier units from Monroe, Frink, Viking, Everest and other makers of HD plows.
    Dino

3. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

The Fisher 10' is a good plow for that truck. Do you have truck set up now, or are you just ordering it. If your truck is allready set up, body installed ect, I would go with the Fisher. The cost of adding central hydro isn't cheap. The cost of mounting the bigger and better plows are not cheap, 6K just for the blade, another 3K for the frame kit, then add the hydro system.

Fisher's 10' blade is suposed to only be used on F 650 lo pros however I have 3 10 Fishers set up on non low pro F 650s. I am not sure why Fisher made this recomendation, but I haven't had any problems. That same 10' blade can be used on an International 4900 which is a tougher truck then the F 650.

The Fisher would work well for you, just go with the electic pump. Then you have an easy to use controll system. Only if you are building the truck from the start you may want to consider the building the truck with a central hydro. However like I said the bigger blades cost more cash. I wouldn't advise a 10' Fisher on an F 750, I tried it, found it wasn't enough plow for the truck.

Geoff

4. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

the company that subs out the street plowing is willing to put central hyd on the trucks for free but the truck would be out the whole storm with that company.

5. GeoffD

Well I guess its up to you. The Hd plows will cost more than the Fisher. If you want to spend the money. However it also depends if you want your truck to become a 2 seater add a central hydro system and there goes your passanger space.

Geoff

6. flmusj

flmusj Junior Member

Boss makes avery good 10' Vee plow for that size of truck. I have one on a F700 and one on a L8000. The one on the L8000 is undersized for the truck but we use it in our own paved parking lot and it works great.I wouldn't recommend that big of a truck for city streets.

7. SCL

SCL Senior Member

Geoffd,
    Why would he lose 3rd pass seating with central hydro? I have it on my F350, 8" Fisher plow, and I have plenty of room for the dump control and a beverage console. Not wanting to start an argument, just curious.
    Scott

8. GeoffD

You won't loose the seat, however it will be hard to cram 3 people in the truck. IMO

Geoff