1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What Plow?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by atvriderinmass, Jan 28, 2011.

1. atvriderinmass

atvriderinmass Senior Member

I have decided to trade my Ranger in For a gmc 2500 diesel and wonder what would be the best plow to put on it. Prolly get either a Fisher or Western. Just wondering what would be best model for mostly drives (some short and tight) and small lots. I want something that is going to last years that won't rust but yet be strong enough to handle most anything. Steel,poly or stainless? Hd,Xtreme or V? Size? Thanks Frank
  2. KEC Maintaince

KEC Maintaince Senior Member
    from N.J.

good luck on the truck .
    i have read a lot of posts like yours and from the experienced guys they always say dealer support is priority. look around your arera and see what dealers you have then make your choice.
  3. atvriderinmass

Well, I made a mistake about the Western. Just looked and i have Boss,Fisher and Meyer around here.
  4. KEC Maintaince

KEC Maintaince Senior Member
    from N.J.

i dont think you could go wrong with any of those imo....blizzard is big in my area.
    i personally like Fisher ,Myers and Boss
    i would take any of those
    parts are always available.
    what color truck you lookin at???
  5. atvriderinmass

The Truck is black, so i think red or yellow plow would look good. What are V plows good for? I really never looked into them.
  6. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Look at a Boss V. The Vs are good for opening up driveways that are thick with snow and they also contain snow when in the scoop position. Far superior to just a straight and well worth the money. A good close dealer is important too.
  7. 09Busa

09Busa Senior Member
    from NY

Best advice right there........I plowed for years with a straight....so many years that even when I bought a new Boss 8'2" V this year, I still used it as a straight blade. That is until I went into a drive with 22" of snow that had sat for three days. Put it in V and opened it up.....two passes in scoop and adios!!........:redbounce.....love myv

Dealer support is crucial.........which dealer stays open during a storm?.....usually a distributor over a dealer has parts on hand and you will not be down until a part comes in.

As I've said, I have a Boss, however there are pros and cons with them all.....Boss just happens to have the most pros and least cons IMHO.