1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What Plow would you put on this truck?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PetalsandPines, Nov 12, 2004.

1. PetalsandPines

PetalsandPines Senior Member

Those of you who have a truck similiar to this, what works well for you. It is a 2004 Chevy Dual Rear Wheel 4x4 Dump. It has the 8.1 Vortec gas engine and allison transmission. I din't like how low this truck sits to the ground so I am concerned over the ground. It has the snow prep package and dual batteries. Thanks for your help! (By the way the eventual use will be to keep large aisles open at a factory, so Scooping will be a must.

2. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Blizzard 810.

Bison Turf in Buff. Tell him I said hello.

Crank up the torsion bars 5 turns, she'll sit higher.
  3. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Wow....that is a sweet looking Chevy. I would go with the Blizzard.
  4. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

And would make an excellant color match. I would venture to guess you like a nice looking rig.
  5. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

If you want color match, go with a Boss 9.2 V. :nod: :rolleyes:
  6. finnegan

finnegan Senior Member

hey petals go with a western or boss so it matches your rig-i have a funny feeling were in for some monster snow this year(again)-have a spare digital cam for one of my trucks ,just in case.......
  7. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

I would think the Blizzard would be the most productive since he says that he needs to plow large isles at a factory. While V plows are nice, the Blizzard can hold more snow. My next plow will be a Blizzard, just have to get a dealer closer to me.
  8. PetalsandPines

I have been leaning towards the Boss or Blizzard, the Boss is EXPENSIVE!

I know the guys at Bison Turf (Rob), Bought a lot of lawn equipment from them. Maybe I can strong arm him with this thread for a good price :waving: Hi Rob!

If you crank up the torsion bars, do you have to re-align the tires?
  9. Andy N.

Andy N. Senior Member

Sorry about your Chevy. Looks like two wheel drive to me. I'd buy a plow and a truck. Just kidding, I was at a show this week and they had a blizzard plow there. It was awesome and huge! If I had a dealer near me I would get one. Maybe I'll be a dealer?
  10. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Sharp truck!! A Boss or Western will match the color pefectly. If you need to be wide & scoop snow, looks like a Blizzard is the new way to go.
  11. PetalsandPines

Sorry about my Chevy?

So AM I.....But I won't get into that battle here.
  12. Nice

Sweet Ride.
  13. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Nice Truck!
    I would get the blizzard 810 :nod:
  14. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

A nice 9'2" BOSS V would be a spectacular match to that truck. Plus you'll be able to pierce through deep drifts, and break trail with FAR less effort than a straight blade.

The BOSS 9'2" V is a totally different plow than the 8'2" BOSS V. They're built a lot stronger. You could also go with a Poly V as well.

Your truck will sit lower than a comparable pickup due to the small tire size that GM uses on the DRW trucks. I've heard some say that they had some brands of 235/85's that didn't kiss on the duals. That would give you considerably more height and weight carrying capacity on the front.
  15. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

8 or 8.5 fisher v plow
  16. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

On a 1 ton DRW dump?

You'd need to go 9' or larger don't you think?

The 8.5 V is only 90" wide.
    The 8' straight is only 83" wide.

What is the track width of a 1 ton DRW dump?
  17. Your truck is just about identical to mine and I run a very productive fisher v plow. I would not go with anything else, screw the color match and get the best :redbounce

blizzrd with wings are nice, but try doing subdivision roads in three passes with the v plow, you'll be amazed. :yow!:

ADLAWNCUTTERS Senior Member

i would go with the same brand of plow you have on your other truck so if you break down you can get the plow back home.A lot of tow companies get funny when they find out you have a plow on the truck . since your truck is red i would go with western or boss vee blade.
  19. PetalsandPines

OOOOH NOOOOO, Can't do that!!! Shhh its a meyer. :nono:

By the way, what about the airbags on these trucks...you can't shut off the driver airbag. Anyone have one deploy?
  20. avalancheplow

avalancheplow Senior Member

SWEET TRUCK :nod:
    I would get the 810