1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What plow would be best for a 06 Ram

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by shawn65, Oct 9, 2011.

1. shawn65

shawn65 Junior Member
    from 61257

I have a 06 Ram 4x4 4 door short bed just wondering what plow would be good. kinda been looking at the The boss standard duty and the boss sport duty please any in put would be good

Thank you

2. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

1500 or 2500?

3. shawn65

shawn65 Junior Member
    from 61257

1500 sorry for got to put that in the post

4. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

How much plowing will you be doing and what type of drives/lots?

5. shawn65

shawn65 Junior Member
    from 61257

with my work hrs i wont be doing much this yr looking at about 6 drives and about 6 lots for right now going to be helping a buddy out also not sure how many lots yet for them

6. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

If you are going to plow commercially, you might want to consider stepping up to at least a 3/4 ton truck

7. firstclass

firstclass Junior Member
    from MI

I have a 07 Ram 1500 quad cab. I just installed a 7,6" Boss Super Duty steel plow. Yes its heavy for a half ton truck. The truck drives great with it on, but will need like 400 pds or so of weight in the bed. I just orderd Timbrens for the front end to help the sagging. I did not get a Standard Duty plow just because I plan to upgrade the truck in a few years.Thumbs Up

8. nwibstad

nwibstad Junior Member

I put a Boss 7'6" V with with the Boss wings and it runs out fine need weight in the back.