1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What plow to put on my 2012 GMC 2500HD

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by NFDDJS, Oct 14, 2011.

1. NFDDJS

NFDDJS Member
    from USA, NH

So I traded in my diesel 2009 GMC 2500HD with a 9tf fisher X-Blade and got a new 2012 2500HD diesel. My question to you all is should I put the 9.5ft or 8.5ft Fisher V-Plow? 90% of my plowing is parking lots and only 4 driveways and they are all open and I had no problem with the 9ft plow before with those driveways . The one thing I dont want to have to do is with my last truck I had to put a ready lift in the front because the plow maxed out the front end. I know now I have a 6000lbs front end but I really dont want the truck to sag a bunch because of the plow and I dont want to have to do anything again like a ready lift again. So what are your thoughts? What are you running or seeing with the 2011 - 2012 2500HD?

Thanks for taking your time to read and respond to this.
    Darin

2. wolfmobile8

wolfmobile8 Senior Member

I would go with an 8.5 exv or an 8 or an 8.5 xblade in a striaght blade. A 9.5 on a 2500hd is too big imo. I herd that they have chnged the suspension on the 2012's and they don't squat that much anymore but i would still put torsion keys in the front and crank them up.

3. NFDDJS

NFDDJS Member
    from USA, NH

in 2011 they changed to a all new frame and front end. It now has a 6000LBS front end not the old 4200LBS. Also it comes with the rubber bump stops now... There is only a 114lbs difference between the 8'6 and 9'6 V-Plow

4. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

5. Greenmtboy

Greenmtboy Senior Member
    from Vermont