1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what plow to put on a 1989 3/4 ton dodge ram?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by PlowOrDie, Dec 2, 2007.

1. PlowOrDie

PlowOrDie Senior Member
    from ohio

i was looking into putting a plow on a 89 dodge ram 3/4 ton.

was just wondering what you guys would recommend.

thanks in advance

2. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Anything I could find a mount for.

Any plow would do.

Finding the mount to bolt up to that old of a truck will be the problem.

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

i looked all over my network of sites and friends. no luck finding one for my friends truck. so this week end we took the chevy mount and cut it up streached it and rewelded it and fabed it all up the best possible to his dodge. 2" frame width diffrence wider . 5hr total time.

its on and set for his needs and looks o.k.

i did see a few on ebay but thay were 3+ hrs away from me to make it worth my and his time.

4. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I used to have an 8' Meyer old school complete set up. I wish I still had it for you.

Like it's been said, I'd use any plow that you could find a mount for. Find a mount first then find the rest. The guy I am going to sub for has a conventional Fisher mount and head gear for that year Dodge sitting in his yard. His screen name is RGrimes on here.