1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what plow to get?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by wiggit, Feb 20, 2006.

1. wiggit

wiggit Junior Member

new to this. looking at all the plows and can not decide. should i go straight or v? i live in wisconsin and drive a 2000 f250 v10 extended cab with a 5 1/2" lift. i know you get what you pay for so i am not looking for used. do not want someone else headaches. what brand would you say to go with?

2. NEPSJay

NEPSJay Senior Member

try doing a search on this as this has been asked and discussed 1000's of times. asking what brand of plow is like asking what brand of vehicle to buy, there are lovers and haters of all brands here. Something you should consider is what your local dealer has and the quality of their service and the avaliability of parts from them. My local dealer is only a phone call away 24/7. Hope this helps and good luck with your venture.

3. mr.mow

mr.mow Junior Member

if my truck could handle it i would go boss v plow all the way. lots of plowing only exp. with it not maintence. the only problem i had was losing the shoe in the middle where it v's, you lose that and the plow is worthless till it fixed.boss v all the way. i only have 1/2 ton to heavy for me. read my profile

4. mr.mow

mr.mow Junior Member

p.s. dont know how well any plow will work with 5 1/2 lift, i think your gonna have big problems in that department!

5. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I 2nd that. Plus I would go with the new western Pro V. Then get someone to custom build the mount for you.