1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What plow to get?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by ShiznityZ28, Nov 28, 2003.

1. ShiznityZ28

ShiznityZ28 Junior Member

i Got the truck below and i want to know what plow to get. i will be joining the father inlaws plow buisness w/ a sweat cut he told me to check out some plows & pricing and see what i like. he does alot of city contracts/ buisness lots etc. i need something nice thats going to last. what would the price range be

its the 6.0L

thanks!

2. sbrennan007

sbrennan007 Senior Member

8' Western Poly Pro Plow

western plow.jpg

3. sbrennan007

4. sbrennan007

$3200 out the door installed including tax...

frontbefore.jpg

5. ShiznityZ28

Cool thanks. What kind of controls should i look for? This is all new to me. I don't want to skimp i want to buy one that is easy to use and can do the job good. I do drive this truck year round so it needs to be removable.

6. edshipp19

edshipp19 Senior Member

definitely go Western or Fisher at least an 8 ft blade I personally run two 8.5 fisher V's You'll prob spend around 3500 installed

7. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

fisher and western make great plows. before you buy one of those look at boss and blizzard snowplows. the powerplow is very popular and saves a lot of time:)

8. ShiznityZ28

Nice Info guys .keep it coming all thse plows are nice! theres a local dealer of the western pro for 36XX.00 for the pro 7.5 is that a good price. i am still shoping around that shop said i could have it on by dec 17

9. sbrennan007

Most of the Western's in this area now come with the Cab Command control. I have been using this for years now and would never switch back to anything else.

As for the price, I paid $3200 out the door installed with Cab Command for the 8'0" Western Poly Pro Plow (poly is usually about $250 more than steel also)

Maybe it's just too close to winter now, but I would shop around and or offer a lower price.

I know alot of people don't like to or think that they can negotiate price on certain things, but the way I have always looked at it is that you never know until you try... :salute:

10. ghostrunner

ghostrunner Member
    from PA

FISHER!!

GMC 3500 FIsher EZV 8'6"

plowtruck1.jpg