1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What plow to get for my truck!!!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by HessLandscape, Aug 21, 2009.

1. HessLandscape

HessLandscape Junior Member

I have been in the landscape industry for several years and this year I have decided to get a plow for my 2005 Chevy 2500HD Duramax. I would like some feedback as to what plow would be the best for my application. I will prolly be doing mostly small parking lots and driveways. I wanted a 7.5 or 8' plow. I really would like a used plow so if anybody has a good used plow to sell, please let me know. I live in Lancaster, PA. I was looking at the western and meyer plows the most. Thanks for you help!!!

2. STREETGLIDE

STREETGLIDE Member
    from OHIO

Myers is a good choice i just bought one.

3. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

We need a little more information about the truck, extended cab, long bed? I wouldn't go any narrower than 8', with a bias towards 8.5' or 9'.

If you're looking for commercial-style production, I'd steer away from Meyer. Years of experience has taught me that.... I run Western, but that doesn't mean that you need to. Find out what your local dealer network is like, who has the best customer support, and go with them.:cool:

4. Alpha Property

Alpha Property Senior Member

seriously bud, completely wrong spot to post on lawn site and now in the picture section on plow site?

5. FISHERBOY

FISHERBOY Senior Member

I HAV a 8' fisher mm 2 i would like to sell asking $1,700.00

6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

And why are you yelling at us!!!

7. HessLandscape

yea, sorry bout that, im new to lawn site and plow site so i really didnt take time to check all the different forums out, I just posted quickly. I will do better next time.

8. HessLandscape

I dont know who is yelling at you, but I certainly am not!!!

9. HessLandscape

my truck is 05 duramax, ext cab long bed. I like the westerns too and it seems they are the plow to have, especially to hold up for years to come. I just hate to drop 5g right now on hoping that it snows, but maybe its worth the risk.

10. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

Look into boss as well. My neighbor has an 8 foot super duty, and my uncle has an 8 foot western super duty, and by far the boss is my choice. No chain slap, all hydraulics, FAST hydraulics

11. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Get a plow with good local dealer support.

12. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You want at least 8 foot of blade you could carry 8.5 if you choose carefully. There are a lot of threads on this topic and the most prevalent consistent piece of advice is an excellent one. You need dealer support. There are a number of dealers in your area representing Snoway, Meyer, Western, Boss check out who has the inventory and personal to handle your problems if they should arise.

If you use the search feature you can find more threads like this one
    http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=82616&highlight=what+blade

13. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

I have a nice 8' Pro-Plus Western Ultramount with everything for your truck for sale if your interested.

14. beamer525

beamer525 Junior Member
    from 08527

I have a snowplow for sale in New Jersey

I have a Western Ultramount 8' Pro-plus snow plow for sale, I also have the hand held remote for it. I live in New Jersey. You can contact me beamer525@aol.com

Last edited: Aug 23, 2009