1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What plow to get for a kubota rtv 900?

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by bobcatnstl, Nov 8, 2012.

1. bobcatnstl

bobcatnstl Junior Member

So this is my first time posting, I have been a long time follower of the forum and I am an active member on lawnsite. So this year we purchased a kubota rtv and I am looking to use it to do some light snow removal this winter now I know you get what you pay for when it comes to plows but i cant justify the price of the boss and blizzard plows even tho I really want a boss super v for it I just can shell out that kind of money right now especially since we could have a winter like last year and get one storm. So I have been looking at the eagle plows and the other winch operated utv plows and Just wanted to get some opinions on what you guys think would be best for my rtv. It will mainly be used for personal but I do have some small lots that I will be plowing with it. Here is a pic of the rtv it is a 2007 worksite model.
    [​IMG]

2. madvetos

madvetos Junior Member

BUMP I am also interested in this answer. Doesn't seem like much made for this popular utv. of course I mean in the lower price area.

3. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

if you have the cash buy the boss utv Vplow

4. trustyrusty

trustyrusty Senior Member

Search utv plows on youtube.

5. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

6. Team_Arctic

Team_Arctic Senior Member

the boss v is a sweet set up... but it is fairly costly vs conventional atv plow

7. Team_Arctic

Team_Arctic Senior Member

this is not mine.. I dont have a picture of it but i have the same set up

Kubota_UTV_Plow_009-329x238.jpg

8. madvetos

madvetos Junior Member

guys the idea here is not to spend 3 or 4 thousand on a plow

9. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Think boss sell a UTV straight plow for half what the V plow cost

Meyers has a UTV straight plow

Get on Ebay check them out

10. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

I dont think a ATV plow would hold up to the abuse a RTV could dish out:confused: I could be wrong though...

Maybe find a old 6' plow off craigslist, ebay, etc and mount that up?

11. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

I agree, with the hyd transmission on the RTV, you will tear up a cheap plow pretty easy. You get what you pay for, the Boss utv plow will hold up...A LONG TIME....

12. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Don't do it up right if your not gonna wash it....

I agree with most...the upfront cost of the blade will more than pay for itself in application, speed, and resale.

13. Red_Rattler

Red_Rattler Senior Member

What are you planing to plow with it?

14. ScubaSteve728

ScubaSteve728 Senior Member

meyer lot pro? if there is a dealer near you it would be a good idea to try.
    go to a Atv store and ask the service manager im sure they will have very good valuable answers

15. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

My Kubota dealer photos:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2012