1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What plow to buy?

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by DanU, Dec 29, 2008.

1. DanU

DanU Junior Member

I just bought a 2003 F350 and want to put plow on it. I am looking a buying either Hiniker 8ft V-plow or an 8ft Fisher (stainless) V-plow. Does anyone have experience comparing these two plows?
  2. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Why so little?
  3. DanU

DanU Junior Member

Just listening to what sales guys are telling me. What do you recommend? This plowing thing is all new to me.
  4. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

DONT buy a hiniker. fisher is a great plow. western pro plus would be great on that truck.
  5. chevy v

chevy v Junior Member
    from ct

I have an 8.5 fisher v ss and I love it. Its fast and the v options are great
  6. diesel dave 04

diesel dave 04 Senior Member

go with at least 8.5 foot no matter what plow you get. I would have a 9-9.5 in a 350
  7. infineon954

infineon954 Senior Member

If your new to the business a vee does take a little getting used to.
  8. diesel dave 04

diesel dave 04 Senior Member

I have run hiniker since 93 when i started this crap, and I would not think twice about a hiniker they have bin super reliable In 16 years I only have wore out one motor and broke one hose on 2 plows. I wanted a Hiniker V but settled for the western Cause I could'nt aford a new plow and the used hiniker V plows were not the trip edge type and I wanted a Trip edge in a V so it trips in the V and Scoop.
  9. harddock

harddock Member
    from mass

You didn't mention which F350. (wheelbase) I would suggest the 8.5 in either case. The plow shrinks considerably when in the "V".