1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What Plow To Buy?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by LI NY PLOWER, Mar 26, 2006.

1. LI NY PLOWER

LI NY PLOWER Junior Member

Hi guys, this is only my 2nd post but i have been glued to this great site for 2 years, anyway...i just bought a used (MINT) F-350xlt for a steal...ive been plowing for 5 years using a 1994 Chevy 2500 with a Fisher 7.6 minute mount.
    Iam going to put a plow on my new toy but i have a couple of ?s for you guys

1. Do i put an 8' fisher or a 7.6 ?

2. What do you guys think of the arctic poly-plows?

Thanks again for any input...winter was so-so here on Long Island, total of 5 billable stormspayup Take care all...Kevin:drinkup:

2. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

Get the 8ft fisher, I have no experience with the poly plows. I would think they are no good for commerical plowing if thats what you will be doing.

3. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

Poly plows are fine,don't rust....like my old Fisher.

4. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I have to say if you have been montoring this site and been plowing for years why would ask? It's have been answered about a million times.. lol

use the seach! :redbounce

5. SwiftSnow&Salt

SwiftSnow&Salt Member

Bigger....

I'd go with an 8.5' or 9' blade if it was my truck. BEEFY F350 no problemo carrying it.

JMO

BIG AL

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You, my friend are prejudice.
    Prejudice: Fear based on lack of knowledge.

Polycarbonate have the same tensile yield as equivalent steel, don't rust, slide snow easier. They are also cheaper to replace then a one piece moldboard if you do damage them beyond use.

7. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

This was my 7th year with a poly Arctic plow.

They are solid and push and back drag snow well.
    The jack is a good idea but the plow can be a little hard to put on until you get the system worked out.
    The electrical connections are a little cheap and there are 2 wires that run from under the hood out to the front of the truck, make a 180 degree turn and go back to the solenoid, they always brake at the point where they turn.
    The lighting is average but I run my high beams all the time.

Once the plow is mounted it will push snow with the best of them. I have the trip edge with the sides(very heavy) and I have never broken any of the welds or bent any frame work.

8. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

Like I said my friend, I Have no experience with them, I have never used one, or even seen one up close. I have a fisher so I say go with that.

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I didn't mean to be insulting. I am just always surprised when someone with no experience with a product slams it. If you have no basis for an opinion why would you offer one? "
    "

As for your Fisher, good plow, I understand their X frame is available with in Poly now.

10. jhook

jhook Senior Member

First choice for sure would be a Blizzard 810 for any kind of commercial plowing. If that is not an option then go with at least an 8.5' or 9' blade. Poly if you can. Plastic don't rust and the snow does not stick to it as much making it easier to plow.

11. zapster

zapster Member

F-350 = 9' Fisher no problemwesport

but you need snow to make it cost effective:realmad:

...zap!

12. jax1013

jax1013 Senior Member

blizzard for sure

Kevin,
    I've got the perfect fit for your F350...Email me for pix on the 810..JAX1013@verizon.net or jax1013@aol.com .. Brand new they go for over 5k..I'm asking 2000 and i live in staten island just a "quick" ride down the Belt Pkwy...Its in good shape and would make you lots of $$$ on those big lots in long island...
    Thanks Jack
    917 417 6611