1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what plow to buy

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by ricothunder, Jan 12, 2011.

1. ricothunder

ricothunder Member
    from ontario

guys i think its time i need a new plow just not fun working on my 810 after every storm.

i am looking at the power plow the speed wing and the western wide out. what you guys think is the best bang for the buck. rember i am used to the 810 controling my wings but like the idea of not having to... fill me in guys what should i know repairs and so on what am i looking at

2. ricothunder

ricothunder Member
    from ontario

come on

guys i know you have your thoughts on these plow any info is good info. like even some on that has used a speed wing to a power plow is there a ram for the wing on the speed wing and compared to western chain lift to polw what ya guys thing come on tomorow is d day

3. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

How old is your power plow and what kind of repairs are you having to do to it?

4. ricothunder

ricothunder Member
    from ontario

its a 99 .........810.................had some elc probs and now valves and just cant wait for parts cus the storm dosnt wait for shiping lol but i just bought a western wide out

5. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

I have been there and understand the electrical gremlins of the 810. I switched to a sw860 in 07 and love it . Way less to go wrong . Working on my 5th season with no issues , knock on wood !!! I wish I would have found this thread sooner. I hope the wide out works well for you !!!

Good luck , shaun

6. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

Let us know how the wideout works for you. I have also been repairing my 810 all the time it seems like. Our speedwing doesn't have as many problems but still has its share. So, I have been thinking of switching to something else also but it would be hard.