1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What plow should I get?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Medicjdl, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Medicjdl

Medicjdl Member
    from 02893

Hey guys I have a 2004 Chevy 2500. It has all the snow plow prep package stuff. I am looking at a New Boss Trip edge ($3500) or a Used Fisher MM2 ($2800). Both are 8 foot. The Boss is a 2007 model left over. The fisher is a 2006. I am not going to be using it commercially just for driveways and such. Thanks for your help!!!!

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Either. Both are good plows.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Get the boss. It'll look nicer.
  4. smokejmpr

smokejmpr Inactive

I think a boss is easier to hook up. It has a faster pump also.
  5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

How does the Fisher look? If it looks like new, I would buy it and save $700. Does the Fisher include the on truck side equipment?
  6. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Trying to help and not start a war. I have 14 guys plowing on a plow night and we have most of the plow brands covered. If the snow has been driven on, the Fisher plow is by far the worst. All the rest are almost equal and the Blizzard 810 scrapes the best by far. I would buy the Boss plow in you case. I believe the new Fisher plows scrape much better, but they now look like a Western.

This is my experience.
  7. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

I agree with CET. Buy the Boss you will be happier in the long run.
  8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

:nod: the Boss
  9. Medicjdl

Medicjdl Member
    from 02893

Thanks guys I think I will get the boss plow. Everyone that I talk to that has one loves it, and hasn't had any trouble.