1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what plow should i get for my 03 ram 1500 quad cab

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by tony_cars1, Sep 9, 2008.

1. tony_cars1

tony_cars1 Junior Member
    from boston

was thinking of getting a new plow vs a used one ..dont know whats best, never plowed before, have 7 driveways lined up for this winter, can any-one give me an idea?
    saw a new plow that is manual for sale online brand new for only $1600 is it worth it or spend 2K more..and get what?
  2. tony_cars1

tony_cars1 Junior Member
    from boston

how good is the SnowSport

i have 7 driveways to do this winter...never plowed before..i have a 03 dodge ram 1500 quad cab what should i get, is the SnowSport worth the money or will it do the job.???..thanks
  3. weeman97

weeman97 Senior Member

get a 7'6 you wont regret it ie( boss,fisher,snoway,western)
  4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

5. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Get a light weight plow,
    Length, 8.x at least

An fledgling business...:waving:
    Now that your plowing 7 drives have you given any thought as to insurance?
    You'll need commercial ins;) Your plowing for $$$$$$ right?
    I know what your thinking,
    Hey i've got a truck I'll make some "EASY" money plowing a few neighbors drives.
    what can go wrong?

a lot.

What happens if you hit there house, garage, car, or a slip fall etc etc..
  6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Buy a real plow with Hydraulics, lights, etc...

7. justwheelit

justwheelit Member

honestly how does a manual plow work, i've never enen heard of a manual plow before except like one for a lawn mower or a 4-wheeler
  8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Pretty much like one for and ATV or a Lawn tractor only BIGGER. Get out pull a lever to lift, pull a pin to angle. First plow truck i remember had a electric over hyrdaulic lift (T-6) and me for power angle

TCLAWN&SNOW Junior Member

Dude, get a Meyer plow. I put one on my 2002 dodge 1500 last winter and it rocks
  10. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

haha, manual? imagine this.... when you back out of your drive way.... getting out and kicking the tires to move them manually in the dirrection you want to go....

rememebr a few things... 1 its cold out... you will get lazy... we all do... how do you thinkg your job is gonna look when your done, because you cant angle it to meet the enge of the drive when stacking?

that plow is fare from a professional plow im sure.... i bet its super light weigt, so it cant scrap that well, and could be bent...

id rather buy a used plow than that

snow way has good light weight models.... for a long time, down pressure would be good for drives