1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What Plow should I buy?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by LHL Inc., Nov 7, 2008.

1. LHL Inc.

LHL Inc. Member

Hello, I have a 98' k 3500 RCLB 454 wondering what plows I should look at putting on it, Brand, Style etc. I have a 8'6 mvp on my other one, I thought about the wideout is that the way to go or or is something else better? It does not have to be a western if other brands are better or more maintenence free.xysport

2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I like Boss and Fisher they both make a good plow. I think Western makes a good plow to.

3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Depends on what your plowing. Remember dealer support and service are key too.

4. LHL Inc.

LHL Inc. Member

Dealer support is convenient for all of them here, well if you want to call it that! This site is more helpfull than any dealer you will ever find! I have it narrowed down to a western wideout, Hiniker scoop plow or a boss v plow. I do all sorts of removal, anything from big lots to small lots, I have a skid loader for the residential accts.:confused:

5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Either a Sno-Way Mega V or the Boss V.

6. LHL Inc.

LHL Inc. Member

I have a v plow now, am sick of all the moving parts and problems, although new stuff would not break down as much. they say that the scoop plows will move more snow than a v will anyway so why not have the extra speed?:rolleyes:

7. Get Plowed AK

Get Plowed AK Member

I rock the I wont run anything but a boss. I ran a 96 boss for 11 years and the only problem i had was a broken wing return spring and a diode burn out in the joystick.( on year 11) But for bigger lots i'd go with blizzard 810 all the way!