1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What plow should I buy?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by XXsnowXX, Nov 2, 2007.

1. XXsnowXX

XXsnowXX Junior Member

I have been in the snow business for years and always used Western plows because thats what we always used. I have sold the property maintenance portion of my business and with it went my 1 ton and smaller trucks with the plows. I only have skid steers and wheel loaders that are equipted with plows but I do want to set some of my trucks up as well. I have a four 2005-2007 Chevy 4500-5500 dump bodies and two Ford 450-550 flat beds. I always used Westerns because I only had to stock one brand of parts and I could use the plows on other trucks because the mounts were all the same.

I have been kicking around going with the Western Pro Plus 9' & Heavy Weight 10', The Fisher SS X-Blade because of the trip edge and the Blizzard 8611pp. I only know one plow and I want your opnion. I do like he 8611pp but I worry about it being a busy plow and having breakdowns with all of the moving parts and hydro lines. I dont think that I will set up all of the trucks right away because we have 6 skid loaders and 2 wheel loaders and I wont need 6 more trucks plus my subs that I always use.
  2. salopez

salopez Senior Member

honostly it depends on what type of plowing you are doing. I would have to recomend that 8611 for those size trucks. they are a very stout plow.