1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What Plow Mount is this

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by xjfozzy73, Feb 2, 2011.

1. xjfozzy73

xjfozzy73 Junior Member

I have a Jeep Cherokee that I recently purchased and it has a mount already on it. I wouldn't mind getting a plow for it. Can anyone tell me what mount this is for? Thanx.

Pic 1

Pic 2
  2. JN16184

JN16184 Member

That's not a lot to go on. Are you sure those are for a plow? They look like they could be mounts for a tow bar, like someone may have pulled it behind a motorhome or something.
  3. wellnermp

wellnermp Senior Member
    from Alaska

That's exactly what I was thinking.
  4. xjfozzy73

xjfozzy73 Junior Member

that is what i thought at first also but they are bolted solid to the frame in multiple places. there is the piece out front that you can see in pic 2. then back and to the outside is another mounting location, in pic 1. the entire bracket is mounted solid just under the bumper. and there is 24", center to center, between the 2 front mounts.
  5. bizzo15

bizzo15 Senior Member

almost looks like a western unimount but i can't be sure try a google search and see if you can find a pic of a cherokee with that mount.
  6. xjfozzy73

xjfozzy73 Junior Member

that is what it looks to be. time to do some more research. thanx.
  7. JeepTJ

JeepTJ Senior Member

It looks like a Blue Ox base plate for towing the XJ. Check out page 3 of this link.

The tab width spacing on most fixed-width tow bars is 24 inches.

8. xjfozzy73

xjfozzy73 Junior Member

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I thought it was a tow mount at first, but I'm still not positive.
  9. kabong57

kabong57 Junior Member
    from IL

Tow bar mount

Will try to post pics of mine Fri. Flat bracket at the outer edge with large hole is for attaching safety cables. Probably also has 2 pieces of round 3/8" tubing facing forward with internal 10-24 threads for mounting a trailer plug for towing lights.