1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What Plow is this?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by rcinc, Dec 7, 2012.

1. rcinc

rcinc Junior Member

I bought a truck and it came with a plow, Meyers pump and frame, however The plow isn't a meyers. At least I am sure its not. It doesn't say anything on it. Everything about the flow says Fisher to me but not sure and can't find any pictures of ones like it. I need to find out because the plow is only 8' and its on a dually so I need a bigger one. I'd rather just replace the blade instead of having to install an all new frame, harness ect..

IMG_20121207_102823.jpg

IMG_20121207_102835.jpg

2. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

Looks like an old diamond plow

3. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

An old diamond or fisher is my guess.

4. rcinc

rcinc Junior Member

Thats true

5. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

its a diamond. not sure if they are still produced? but they were made meyer.

6. rcinc

rcinc Junior Member

Yea I'm sure its a diamond now too, did they make them bigger than a 8ft? I'm not seeing anything

7. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

meyer own diamond now dont they??? its been a while but this does resemble an old diamond that i saw a few years ago

8. f250harvest

f250harvest Member
    from CT

9. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

You see quite a few Diamond plows around here, they had been the only other plow choice here for many years along with Fisher.

I think there now called Meyer Diamond Edge blades. I had a 7'6" Diamond that I sold almost two years ago, it was only three years old at the time. I think the blade was taller than my Fisher HD plow, maybe by a couple of inches, but all in all a very rugged blade. Just about the only good thing Meyer had going for it at the time.

10. lawnboy2121

lawnboy2121 Senior Member

one of the strongest blades at the time I plowed with one for 11 years with no problems the edge just trips a little hard with the torion springs but damn near indestructable

11. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

Did you have one of the conventional Diamonds?

Still see an old conventional Diamond V (pre Meyer) every now and then, saw one about a month ago at the Fisher dealer that was on a late 70's Chevy CUCV in for service.

12. lawnboy2121

lawnboy2121 Senior Member

it was a 8 ft straight blade I bought it in 1993 one of the best plows I ever had. I have a newer one that came with a truck i just bought. I think its only 3 or 4 yrs old. Not as well built as my old one ,wish i kept that plow

13. rcinc

rcinc Junior Member

It is definitely a heavy duty plow, possible stronger than my fishers, just wish it was wider.

14. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Pro Wings would probably fit