1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What plow is on your 97-03 F150?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

Im hoping the Boss 7'6" straight blade super duty isnt going to be too heavy, but it was only 80lbs heavier than the standard model.

What plows do you guys run on your pre 04 model F150s?

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

plow truck

hey man if you have a heavy enough front gross axle cap or the correct spring mod's it no problem with the super duty ,if you drive it like a sane person .:salute:

3. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

98 f-150 ext cab
    Meyer ST 7.5 -656 pounds
    pro wings- 70 pounds

4. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

cool thanks, I think the boss plow is ~680 and mount and all is 75-105lbs they state so its close enough. I just dont want it to be "unsafe", my 8'2" Power V XT on my 6k front axle 06 F350 feels HEAVY, back of the truck in 2wd with no ballast barely gets moving unless its purely clean/dry road, not sure how much it sags down in the front, 1-2" at most but feels like someone just dumped a load of sand in your truck bed, but on the hood :p

5. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

That'll be sweet!! I would defintely run bout 500-600 pounds of ballast and get some timbrens up front though. JMO

6. ProEnterprises

ProEnterprises Senior Member
    from CT

On my 00 F150 I have a 7.5 Fisher straight, Minute Mount II.

7. RYDER

RYDER Senior Member

On my 03 F150 I have a 7.5 ploy Snow-Way.

8. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

on my 03 is a blizzard 760ld