1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what plow is most popular

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by meyer22288, Aug 31, 2003.

?

what plow is most popular

1. Fisher

22 vote(s)
    24.2%
  2. Western

25 vote(s)
    27.5%
  3. Meyer

18 vote(s)
    19.8%
  4. Diamond

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  5. Blizzard

6 vote(s)
    6.6%
  6. Boss

14 vote(s)
    15.4%
  7. Arctic

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  8. Sno-way

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  9. Curtis

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  10. Hiniker

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  1. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

what plow do you like? Why do you like this plow?
    pumpkin:

2. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

I voted for Fisher, but use a Western. I really took a liking to Fisher over the passed year or so. As you all know, Western and Fisher are my 2 favorites. I think if I ever bought a new truck, I would put a Fisher on it, just as a change. Mike

3. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

Popular doesn't mean best!

4. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

If were going by popularity, around here its Fisher, Meyer, and Western, not in that order neccasarily. I couldnt say which I think is THEE most popular, I see the above mentioned three all the time and it seems its pretty equally divided around here. Mike

5. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

No vote for Blizzard yet Howard:D
    popular doesn't mean best,the best plow is the one with the best local dealer support which changes from town to town,could be Fisher here or Boss 45 min away.

6. snowjoker

snowjoker Senior Member

Depends on what area you are in, Here i would say Western is the most popular and then Meyer :cry: then Boss but If you go to Mane bet Fisher would be the most popular.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2003
  7. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

Best for what I do.....Blizzard 810, Haven't seen another Blizzard plow in the state. (some down in Denver)

8. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

In my area the most popular plow is fisher then i would say western,boss,meyer and in the past year i have been seeing a lot of curtis plows.I personally like fishers they are built strong and scrape really good.Only drawback is they are probably a little harder on the frame of the plow trucks.

9. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

In these parts there is Western, Meyer, Fisher, and Blizzard dealers within a 20 minute drive of my house. Id have to say that Fishers do dominate the land here though.

Jay

10. wyldman

wyldman Member

Western and\or Fisher,Boss,Arctic,Meyer,Snoway,and then all the others.At least around here anyways.

11. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

I see a lot of Fisher, western, Meyer, Boss and Blizzard. But i see a lot more ortiz snowplows. No one has really heard of them. My buddy has one on a jeep wrangler and its a nice set-up. I see a curtis and a sno-way from time to time as well.:D

12. Plow Babe

Plow Babe Senior Member

I voted for Blizzard, because it is my personal pick. If you want to know reality as far as what plows people around here use, then it would be Meyer and Western first, then Fisher, then Boss. But just wait until after this season when the competition sees how much work I get done with my Blizzard!

(Howard-- no, we did not buy one from someone else, just getting all our ducks in a row before we call you to order it!!!)

13. oakhill2000

oakhill2000 Member

Around my area it seems to be Fisher as the most popular. Thats pretty much all I see then Boss and Curtis. But like you all said it depends on the local dealers and what everyone else uses.

14. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

since visiting this site ive taken notice to what kind of mount i see on trucks meyers is the most popular in the phila area i think that because almost every car dealer has them mounted on their new trucks
    plus the meyers dealer is only 5 minutes from my house

cardoctor

15. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

It does seem as though many new trucks are upfitted with Meyer's before delivery to new truck dealers. If you buy a Bargain news or Truck trader you will see many dealers with big lots of plow trucks lined up with Meyer's on them in the Northeast with a few Fishers and Westerns mixed in. The Ford Dealer right down the street from my house has had a few Fords with Fishers and Boss's on their lot each of the past two winters.

Jay

16. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

Fisher snowplows is the domaint around here. There are still some old Meyers, and a few Western and SnoWay, but majority of plows are Fisher.

17. beherit316

beherit316 Banned

Meyer is the most poular around my state from what I see.Evrey times it snows all you see are Meyer snow plows out there.Though I do like the mount for a western, it tends to sit deeper on the frame from what I was told.

18. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

Locally there are still a lot of Meyers around.they arent used much by contractors though,the use Fisher/Western/ Boss,an recently a few blizzards

19. JustUsDe

JustUsDe Senior Member

My observation

In Delaware I would have to say it looks like Myers is the most popular. I will be one of the few with a Western.

Ray

20. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

One of the few and smart ones eh? :D Mike :drinkup: