1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What plow for my new rig

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by BIGGB9, Nov 25, 2007.

1. BIGGB9

BIGGB9 Senior Member

Hey guys I just bought a new 2007 dodge 1500 big horn what kind plow should I put on it. And if I do will I have any trouble will my warranty if I do Thanks Brian.
  2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

How about a 7.5 foot Sno-Way? I've never had one, but that's what seems to be the most recommended for a Dodge 1500 and it's what I would put on there. Maybe a Fisher 7.5 light duty? I wouldn't go any wider than a 7.5 and no V-plows, heavy. I'd also get some Timbrens as opposed to cranking your T-bars. Why not go with a 2500 since you want to plow? Just out of curiosity... Nice looking truck though. As far as warranty, that will be up to dealer to give you a hard time. I don't know if they offer plow preps on 1500 Rams. Chevy offers it on their 1500's.
  3. Snowchief

Snowchief Member

Yeah, I'd put something light and non-intrusive on there. then if you need warranty repairs take the undercarriage off, play dumb at the dealer. Sounds like maybe you are planning to use the plow to depreciate your truck for a tax break?

Clever! I'm doing the same thing...

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Snoway for sure. With the wireless remote and DP. Only 2wires running from the battery to the plow plus the plug ins and 3 wire spices for the lights. For the frame Drill four holes on the crossover and 2 more on the front near the bumper. Remove the bottom valance and you are ready to plow. In fact on mine I didn't even drill the four extra holes near the bumper, though it was a litttle overkill. Had an 03 1500 RCLB cranked the TB and added rear springs. Threw a 8' Stainless 1.75yd salter in the back for a balast. Seemed a little much for the truck but I drove it easy.

Hurry up the white gold is almost here!!!!

5. BIGGB9

BIGGB9 Senior Member

Thanks for your help guys but I am still undecided I was thinking about boss sport duty I can get one installed for 3700.00 out the door. I never owned a boss only western and meyer. what do you think.
  6. harleyrider67

harleyrider67 Member

Go for the BOSS That's a great price too! I had my 7-6 standard duty installed 2 years ago for $4300:dizzy: I think you will like the way it connects with the SmartHitch and it will look really good on the truck.

Also, the BOSS has worked great for the last 2 years and she has been workedpayup

7. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

I would also recommend Sno-Way to you. Our 26 series model with a 7-1/2 foot blade would make an excellent choice.
  8. GravelMan

GravelMan Junior Member

I was actually looking at the SnoWay plow myself. And I have a 2005 Dodge 4x4 crew-cab. Anyone know if theres anyway to mount this plow without modifying or removing the airdam under the bumber. (My fog lights are part of it.)
  9. TEX

TEX Senior Member

what are you planning o doing with it? im guessing not much since ita a new truck and a 1500. i agree with ataying with a light 7.5' or smaller.
  10. robwz@ptd.net

robwz@ptd.net Junior Member
    from pa

I'm wondering if you made a decision on this yet, and if so, how it worked out. I have an 06 Ram ThunderRoad, which is the same truck as the Big Horn, and I am strongly considering the Boss plow. Local dealer sez he has installed many on 1500 series Rams, quad cabs included, with good results.
  11. BIGGB9

BIGGB9 Senior Member

I am finally getting my plow put on my ram I am getting a boss sport duty I will post some pics when it is done. Thanks for everybodys help