1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What plow for a Suburban 2500

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sven1277, Feb 12, 2011.

1. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

Just bought a 2010 Suburban 2500 slt and want to put a plow on it for next year as a backup only. My biggest requirement is an unobtrusive mount on the truck side. The vehicle is my wife's car. It will never have its own route. Currently, I run Blizzard and Hiniker plows. Hiniker isn't bad. Manufacturer options from local dealers include Blizzard, Hiniker, Fisher, Western, Meyer, Boss, Snow Dogg. Of these brands, what do you think would be the least visible mount on the truck side?

2. NicholasMWhite

NicholasMWhite Senior Member

Personally I would go with a Hiniker and just remove the forks in the summer. It's just 4 bolts. Takes 3 minutes with an impact gun. I've even considered removing it from my truck in the summer but have never done it.

3. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

I forgot all about removing the forks. Good idea. Thanks.

4. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Western probably has the most hidden mounting system IMO,

5. jason9696

jason9696 Junior Member
    from Vermont

I like my Boss on my suburban, but the mount is very visible so I would not recommend it if you are trying to stay low key.

6. NicholasMWhite

NicholasMWhite Senior Member

Ultimately you could remove any of the center sections of the under carriage. But you're probably best off sticking with Blizzard or Hiniker so that you can swap plows around when necessary.

For example if you got a 8 foot straight blade hiniker for the Suburban. And your C-Plow broke mid-storm. Instead of using the suburban you can just hook the new 8 foot hiniker blade to your 00 Chevy 2500. Saving the suburban from the wear and tear.

Also if you get the correct truck side wiring harness when you buy the 8 foot hiniker straight blade you can run both the straight blades as well as the c-plow/v-plow. So in the event that your 00 chevy 2500 truck broke you could hook the suburban up to the c-plow to maintain optimum efficiency.

That's what I love about hiniker's.

7. RBEnterprises

RBEnterprises Junior Member

i agree, as long as you can get good support